Deacon Ken Hall
- Altar Flowers-Altar Flowers can be donated in memory of a loved one or to mark a special anniversary. Please contact the Parish Office at 256-582-4245 to schedule a weekend or for more information.
- Annulments-If you are divorced and would like to pursue an annulment of your previous marriage or would like some information concerning annulments, please contact Fr. Tim Pfander.
- Baptisms-In order to have a child baptized at St. William, parents need to be registered members of St. William and attend the Baptism Preparation Class. Please contact Fr. Tim to schedule.
- Becoming Catholic-RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) is the process through which people can learn more about the Catholic faith and prepare for participating in the Sacraments of Initiation - Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. Classes are held on Sunday from 9:45 am to 10:45 am in the Media Room of the Foley Center from September-May. Please contact the Director of Religious Education.
- Bulletin Notices-The weekly bulletin is our primary means of parish communications. Bulletin space is limited to parish and ministry events. Items to be considered for publication in the bulletin can be submitted by email. Notices must be submitted no later than noon on Monday the week they are to appear. Holidays may create deadline exceptions. Announcements are generally limited to twice per event and may be edited for space.
- Change of Contact Information-Please notify the Parish Office if you are planning to or have recently moved, changed phone numbers or changed your email address. By ensuring that we have your most current contact information you will be able to stay up to date on all of the latest parish news and will continue to receive correspondence from St. William and the 'One Voice' Diocesan Newspaper. You are encouraged to update your information through our online parish database ParishSOFT. A direct link can be found on our homepage.
- Confirmation-Students preparing for Confirmation are required to have two years of active participation in the religious education program (grades 7 and 8) or have attended a Catholic School or an approved Catholic Home School Program. Confirmation I occurs during a student’s seventh grade year with the Theology of the Body curriculum, a chastity education program mandated by the Diocese of Birmingham as a part of the Confirmation preparation process. A process of discernment takes place during Confirmation II, during the student’s eighth grade year, with Confirmation usually scheduled in the spring of that year.
- First Communion-Children preparing for First Communion must have two years of active participation in the religious education program (grades 1 and 2) or have attended Catholic school, or an approved Catholic Home School Program. First sacraments are celebrated in the 2nd grade. Families with children older than second grade who would like their children prepared for these sacraments should contact the Director of Religious Education.
- Funerals-If you need to arrange for a Funeral Mass for the recently deceased, please call the parish office at 256-582-4245.
- Godparents, Witnesses, and Sponsors-Have you been asked to be a Godparent? A Confirmation Sponsor? A Best Man or Maid of Honor? Many churches will request a letter or certificate be provided that states you are a Catholic in good standing and capable of fulfilling these important roles. Please contact the parish office to request such a letter.
- Joining the Parish-Registration Forms and Welcome Packets are available in the church office or you may register online by clicking the ParishSOFT link on the home page of our website.
- Marriages-Engaged couples desiring to be married at St. William should contact Fr. Tim at least six months prior to the anticipated wedding date. It is recommended that couples make contact with the parish at the very beginning of their engagement to ensure an orderly and reflective preparation process. Preparation will involve three areas: documents, spiritual formation, and preparing for the ceremony.
- Mass Intentions-Mass intentions are available for parish weekday (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) and weekend Masses for the repose of the soul of a deceased loved one or on the occasion of a serious illness. The person for whom the Mass is offered is remembered in a special way by name in the parish bulletin among the Mass Intentions listed for the week they will be remembered. If you would like to have a loved one remembered at a parish Mass, please contact our parish office to schedule an available time. Masses can be scheduled within six months of the current date.
- Office Hours - the Parish Office is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-1:00 pm. The office is closed for most Federal Holidays and operates on an abbreviated schedule over Christmas and Easter.
- Prayer Requests-St. William publishes a list in the bulletin each week of all those who are ill and have requested our prayers. If you would like to add your name or the name of a loved one to this list, please contact the Parish office. Names will remain on the list as space allows. We cannot publish a parishioners name without individual or family consent.
- Reserving Facilities-As parishioners of St. William, we are committed to being good stewards of our facilities, keeping them in a well-maintained condition and welcoming our families to use these facilities to carry out our mission of supporting the Catholic faith. Together we take care of our beautiful buildings and church grounds. Help us by sharing in our commitment to Stewardship. The use of St. William facilities is restricted to appropriate Church and School-related activities. The Foley Center and Parish Hall are available to rent for Wedding, Anniversary, and other appropriate celebrations. Please visit our facilities page on this website or call the parish office to inquire.
- Sick/Hospital Visit-Please call the parish office, 256-582-4245, if there is an emergency or if you or a loved one are about to have surgery, are in the hospital or nursing home, or have become homebound. The Anointing of the Sick is a healing sacrament available to the young and old, the chronically or terminally ill, and also offered prior to surgery. NOTE: Due to HIPPA regulations hospitals do not notify St. William unless a direct request is made by the patient or other authorized individuals.
St. William Catholic Church
929 Gunter Avenue
Guntersville, AL 35976
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Saturday Evening Vigil - 5:00 PM
Sunday 8:30 AM & 11:00 AM
Saturday 3:45 - 4:30 pm
or by appointment
Holy Days of Obligation
(click on calendar tab for schedule)
Chapel of the Holy Cross
1534 Whitesville Road
Albertville, AL 35950
Horario de Oficina/Office Hours
Lunes/Monday - Closed
Martes - Viernes/Tuesday - Friday
9:00 am - 1:00 pm 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Sabado y domingo/Saturday & Sunday
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Horario de Misas/Mass Times
Miercoles, jueves & viernes/Wed., Thur., Fri.
Sabado Misa de Vigilia\Saturday evening vigil
Domingo en Espanol/Sunday in Spanish only
8:30 am, 11:00 am & 6:00 pm
Miercoles y Sabado/Wednesday & Saturday 4:30 - 5:30 pm
Adoracion del Santisimo Sacramento/Adoration
Sabado/Saturday 7:00 pm
Fr. Raul Bedoya